- Dattner AM. Herbal and complementary medicine in dermatology. Dermatol Clin. 2004 Jul;22(3):325-32, vii.
- Dattner, AM. From medical herbalism to phytotherapy in dermatology: back to the future. Dermatol Ther. 2003;16(2):106-13.
- Dattner, AM. Seborrheic Dermatitis. In Rakel D, Integrative Medicine. Saunders, Philadelphia, 2003, p Chap 60, 491-496.
- Kligman AM, Dattner AM. Toward optimal health: the experts respond to aging skin. Interview by Jodi Godfrey Meisler. J Womens Health Gend Based Med. 1999 Oct;8(8):1021-5. PMID: 10565659
- Dattner AM. Nutritional dermatology. Clin Dermatol. 1999 Jan-Feb;17(1):57-64. No abstract available. PMID: 10089587
- Winston D, Dattner AM. The American system of medicine. Clin Dermatol. 1999 Jan-Feb;17(1):53-6. No abstract available. PMID: 10089586
- Brown DJ, Dattner AM. Phytotherapeutic approaches to common dermatologic conditions. Arch Dermatol. 1998 Nov;134(11):1401-4. Review. PMID: 9828875
- Dattner AM, Levis WR. Specific and nonspecific immunoregulatory events in the clonal response of human lymphocytes in vitro. Scand J Immunol. 1980;11(2):169-74. PMID: 9537043
- Dattner AM. Immunologic studies support homeopathic medicine. Arch Dermatol. 1997 Feb;133(2):244-5. No abstract available. PMID: 9041847
- Dattner AM, Mann DL, Levis WR. Studies on the contact sensitization of man with simple chemicals: V. Clonal priming allows direct in vitro assessment of autologous HLA-associated factors required for immune response to dinitrochlorobenzene. J Invest Dermatol. 1979 Sep;73(3):246-9. PMID: 89174
- Levis WR, Dattner AM. In vitro secondary response with specific antigens. Cell Immunol. 1979 Aug;46(1):219-21. No abstract available. PMID: 90556
- Levis WR, Dattner AM, Shaw JS. Selective defects in T cell function in ataxia-telangiectasia. Clin Exp Immunol. 1979 Jul;37(1):44-9. PMID: 158450
- Levis WR, Dattner AM. Ultraviolet (UV) sensitive leukocyte allostimulation cross-reacts with UV resistant sperm. J Immunol. 1979 May;122(5):1986-9. No abstract available. PMID: 156223
- Shaw S, Levis WR, Dattner AM, Shearer GM. Specificity of human cytotoxic responses to chemically modified autologous cells. Transplant Proc. 1978 Dec;10(4):937-41. PMID: 83727
- Levis WR, Lincoln PM, Dattner AM. Effect of ultraviolet light on dinitrochlorobenzene-specific antigen-presenting function. J Immunol. 1978 Oct;121(4):1496-500. No abstract available. PMID: 81237
- Dattner AM, Levis WR. Clonal priming of human lymphocytes with soluble microbial antigens: high-dose paralysis, restoration, and autologous leukocyte preference. Scand J Immunol. 1978;8(5):403-12. PMID: 364628
- Levis WR, Dattner AM. Clonal priming of lymphocytes can measure human immune-response gene function. N Engl J Med. 1977 Oct 13;297(15):842-3. No abstract available. PMID: 70753
- Hardy MA, Goldfarb P, Levine S, Dattner A, Muggia FM, Levitt S, Weinstein E. De novo Kaposi's sarcoma in renal transplantation. Case report and brief review. Cancer. 1976 Jul;38(1):144-8. PMID: 59624
- Hardy MA, Dattner AM, Sarkar DK, Stoffer JA, Friedmann N. The effect of thymosin on human T-cells from cancer patients. Cancer. 1976 Jan;37(1):98-103. PMID: 1082366
- Seifter, E, Padawer, J, Dattner, AM, Levenson, SM Rittura, G: Vitamin A alters adrenal and thymus responses in stressed mice. 172nd National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, August, 1976.
- Dattner, AM and Levis, WR: Specific clonal priming of human lymphocytes to microbial and chemical antigens, presented at S. I. D. Meeting, Washington, D. C., April 30, 1977. Clin. Res. 25: 528A, 1977.
- Levis, WR and Dattner, AM: Hayry priming of human lymphocytes whith specific antigens. Federation Proceedigns 36: 1220, 1977.
- Levis, WR and Dattner, AM: Histocompatibility requirement for specific immune recognition of dinitrochlorobenzene and other antigens: Identification of human immune response gene products. Clin. Res. 25: 663A, 1977.
- Dattner, AM, Levis, WR, Shaw, JS, and Shearer, GM: Cytotoxic effector cells in contact sensitivity: Specificity for DNP and self determinants. Formal presentation, S. I. D. Meeting, May 1978. Clin. Res. Vol. 26. p. 569A, April 1978.
- Levis, WR, Lincoln, PM, and Dattner, AM: Sperm induced lymphocyte transformation. Lancet I: 937, 1978.
- Levis, WR, Lincoln, PM, and Dattner, AM: DNCB immune response (IR) gene function behaves like a lymphocyte defined (LD) function to ultraviolet light. Fed. Proc. 38: 1369, 1978.
- Levis, WR, and Dattner, AM: Studies of clonal activation of human lymphocytes with specific antigens. Presented at the 12th International Leukocyte Culture Conference.
- Levis, WR, and Dattner, AM: Effect of autologous and allogenic leukocytes on lymphocytes clonally primed to soluble protein antigens. Accepted for presentation at AFCR (Eastern Section) October 1978.
- Prevention, November 2004, Fight Acne with a One-Two Punch, p. 69
- The New York Times, December 8, 1998 Science Times, With Herbs, a Fuller Palatte for Skin Care
- Dermatology Times Mar 1, 2004, Resolving hard-to-treat disorders, by Rebecca Bryant
- In treating patients with non-responsive conditions, it's important to consider altering your method of inquiry, said Alan M. Dattner, M.D., FAAD. "I go beyond a clinical diagnosis to make an etiological diagnosis and treat on the basis of that."
- Alternative Medicine, September 2004, Natural Beauty section- Nails p 38
- Alternative Medicine, June 2005, Zapping Varicose Veins, nutritional information
- Bottom Line, Feb 1, 2005, Natural Acne Remedies
- Medical Post, May 17, 2005, Volume 41 Issue 19 Doctor touts integration of natural medicine for dermatology ailments, by Susannah Benady
- Biodiversity, May-June 2005, The Benefits of Treating Skin from the Inside Out
- Natural Health, Herbal Fixes for Problem Skin, October, 2005, by Stephanie Scott
- Cosmetic Dermatology, June 2005
- Alternative Medicine, May 2005
- Natural Foods Merchandiser, July 2000
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Dermatology: Siverman Institute of Life Sciences, Hebrew University Jerusalem, Israel, April 5th, 2009
- Herbal Medicine: presented at the section on Alternative Medicine and Dermatology at the World Congress in Dermatology in Buenos Aires, Argentina, October 5, 2007
- Integrating Natural Medicine into Dermatology: presented at American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting 2003, 2004, and 2005
- Nutritional anti-inflammatory strategies for anti-aging of the skin
- Integrative Dermatology: A New Paradigm for Medicine
- Baruch College, NY Nov 2004
- Healing Skin Disorders from Inside Out April 28, 2004
- Complementary Therapeutics in Dermatology
- Westchester Derm Society July 16, ‘03
- Nutrional Medicine and Dermatology New York Medical College
- Nutritional Medicine and Dermatology, Stanford University School of Medicine (twice) Dermatology Department presentation
- Nutritional Medicine and Dermatology Hadassah University School of Medicine Jerusalem, Israel September 2000
- Society for Investigative Dermatology, Plenary Session,1978 &1979
- "Immunotherapies" at the Comprehensive Cancer Care Conference: Integrating Complementary & Alternative Therapies, Moderator: Alan M. Dattner, MD
- Presenters: Josef Beuth, MD, PhD; President, German Society of Oncology; Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene der Universitat Koeln Arnold I. Freeman, MD; Chief, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, Hadassah University Hospital Ralf Kleef, MD; Austrian Society of Oncology James McCoy, MD; Director of Cancer Research and Immunotherapy, Immunocomp Laboratory Commentator: Jeffrey White, MD; Director, Clinical Trials and Clinical Care Program, Metabolism Branch, National Cancer Institute.